slashangry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
slashangry

dawg I heard you like attachments so we put a murderluge in yo dildo phone, so you can gyros while you fuck robots

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SHIT YEAH SON DAY

Go down 
+7
Callisto
keith
Yojoyochenjo
Illuminatus
Day
Mote
isladar
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Day

Day

SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 2:58 pm

Thanks guys I love you all. I'll have your babies when the appropriate technology arrives*.

(*This is not really a promise)
Back to top Go down
Day

Day

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 10:47 am

Ok current gear I gotz on this bish:

Staves: Aquilo's, the rest NQ
Grip: Bugard +1
Range: Phantom Tath
Head: Igqira, AF
Neck: Ele Torque, Dark Torque
Ear1: Abyssal
Ear2: Moldy
Body: Sorc. Coat, Igqira, Errant
Hands: Sorc Gloves, Iqgira
Rings: Diamond x2
Back: Rainbow
Waist: Penitent's
Legs: Errant
Feet: Errant, Rostrum @ 75

and about 570k CASH MONEY

8k from 75.

Any tips or shit I should buy would be awesome, I need to learn 57 levels of BLM kinda quickly lol... should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Yojoyochenjo

Yojoyochenjo

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:18 am

Day, you and I just need to chat on vent sometime soon. You at least have a rounded out set, and with just a few adjustments, you'll be on your way.

I also will introduce you to spellcast, and all will be right with the world.
Back to top Go down
Illuminatus

Illuminatus

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:53 pm

Yojoyochenjo wrote:
Day, you and I just need to chat on vent sometime soon. You at least have a rounded out set, and with just a few adjustments, you'll be on your way.

I also will introduce you to spellcast, and all will be right with the world.

Mmmmmm SpellCast :D :D
Back to top Go down
Day

Day

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 2:21 pm

I tried reading up on it but it's like crazy talk.
Back to top Go down
Yojoyochenjo

Yojoyochenjo

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 2:51 pm

When will you be coming on Day? I know this sounds silly, but first and foremost we need to get you into 75 and meriting some stuff. Elemental magic being capped will help you more than any gear ever will. I say we duo puddings, and then put on our cowboy outfits and eat pudding.

Then the sex.
Back to top Go down
Illuminatus

Illuminatus

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 2:54 pm

Yojoyochenjo wrote:
When will you be coming on Day? I know this sounds silly, but first and foremost we need to get you into 75 and meriting some stuff. Elemental magic being capped will help you more than any gear ever will. I say we duo puddings, and then put on our cowboy outfits and eat pudding.

Then the sex.

I wanna come on SCH :D?
Back to top Go down
Day

Day

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 2:56 pm

Yojoyochenjo wrote:

Then the sex.
I should be on soon, game is updating cause I installed Wotg, just a few min left

can we do the sex part first?
Back to top Go down
Brogan

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 3:08 pm

I just saw Dayday in Qufim and Linkshell! I SAW DAYDAY!
Back to top Go down
Iono

Iono

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 3:30 pm

TBH I was looking over his gear and he has just about everything i have. Iquira pants would help but i mean that's just added bonus. You look fine to me of course you could always get better shit but you know no one should say anything with that setup.

And let me and illu know when you guys want to go do Puddings and we can hook it all up. just let us know.
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 3:59 pm

Daybear I don't think we can attach files here atm, but I'll do up some basic gearset macros and post em on BG or something when Mel gets done with the computer, that'll hold over til Yojo can get you hooked up on Spellcast. You're in pretty solid shape already, once you hit 75 and get some merits like Yojo said, but atm you basically just have to learn BLM basics like pacing your nukes on larger things, not standing right next to the shit you nuke, and keeping up on casting Aspir when it's available.
Back to top Go down
Day

Day

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 6:14 pm

Callisto wrote:
Daybear I don't think we can attach files here atm, but I'll do up some basic gearset macros and post em on BG or something when Mel gets done with the computer, that'll hold over til Yojo can get you hooked up on Spellcast. You're in pretty solid shape already, once you hit 75 and get some merits like Yojo said, but atm you basically just have to learn BLM basics like pacing your nukes on larger things, not standing right next to the shit you nuke, and keeping up on casting Aspir when it's available.
Dude actually I spent some time figuring out spellcast and I got it figured out for the most part, wasn't too bad. So don't go to any extra effort, but appreciated as always.

I have some simple whats better questions atm like Igqira Hands vs AF hands for nukes... and I think I had another question but I can't remember lol...
Back to top Go down
Iono

Iono

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 6:23 pm

Ughhhhhhh I mean i just uaully use the AF hands for the sake of it. you could swap out iqira assuming you odn't really need the 10 skill but i mean. i personally prefer to have the reassurance of skill over the 2 MAB the hands would give.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrunner

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 7:39 pm

What you -really- need to do is two things.

Pick up a cornette +1
And a Carbon Fishing Rod.

You'll be more game than Shaq Fu
Back to top Go down
Iono

Iono

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 7:48 pm

Shadowrunner wrote:

Pick up a cornette +1

I GOT GAME SON
Back to top Go down
Shadowrunner

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 7:50 pm

Iono wrote:
Shadowrunner wrote:

Pick up a cornette +1

I GOT GAME SON

BITCH I AM YO NEIGHBOUR
Back to top Go down
Iono

Iono

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 8:04 pm

Shadowrunner wrote:
Iono wrote:
Shadowrunner wrote:

Pick up a cornette +1

I GOT GAME SON

BITCH I AM YO NEIGHBOUR
NIGGA GET ON MY LEVEL. AND BY THAT I MEAN GET ON AND LEVEL MY RANGER CUS GAHEKJREKJFNEKFJNEKFJENWLIJS:OLJEN
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 11:37 pm

Day wrote:
Callisto wrote:
Dude actually I spent some time figuring out spellcast and I got it figured out for the most part, wasn't too bad. So don't go to any extra effort, but appreciated as always.

I have some simple whats better questions atm like Igqira Hands vs AF hands for nukes... and I think I had another question but I can't remember lol...

If you don't have any MAB hands, basically use AF for anything difficult like Kirin/Limbus bosses etc, and as much int/mab as you can get otherwise. Maybe the SCH guys will have a need for Vicious Mufflers and you guys can try for those.
Back to top Go down
Iono

Iono

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 4:16 am

Ehh I'd rather just get goliard cuffs then vicious mufflers and the Yigit gloves over both But i'd be glad to help you with killing him =)
Back to top Go down
Yojoyochenjo

Yojoyochenjo

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 10:41 am

You probably have a line like this in your xml, and it kind of explains some things:

Code:

<if Target="Tiamat|Genbu|Suzaku|Seiryu|Byakko|Kirin|Jormungand|Ouryu|Vrtra|Cerberus|Khimaira|Sarameya|Tyger|Jailer of Love" NotBuffActive="Elemental Seal">
                     <action type="equip" when="precast|midcast" Set="HighResist" />   
                  </if>

More or less, you will have what I call "320" mobs. These are high resist mobs for magic, and so in your "HighResist" group of gear, you'll want to be shooting for an elemental magic of 320 or higher. You probably won't be able to attain this until you cap out ele. magic merits.

When you are in your HighResist set, after attaining 320 elemental skill, prioritize as such: INT>MACC>MAB

When you're in your normal set, you want to prioritize as follows: MAB>INT>The rest

If you find yourself getting nasty resists using this setup before you cap out merits for ele. magic, just do some restructuring. Can always change it back.

For the now, I would put YOUR priorities as such:

1. Get to where you can have an elemental 320 build.

This is really high priority. Until you get a 320 build, you (not to put too fine a point on it) will be just pissing in the wind against higher resist mobs.

2. Nuking time.

Meriting potency of thunder and ice, and gear.

3. Enfeebling (aka HOW I SHOT SLEEP)

Some will put this ahead of nuking, but not me. For group stuff, let's face it: Your mp to damage ratio is the most important issue. Furthermore, when we are usually sleeping the hell out of stuff, we're using ES sleep to get it done. You may personally want to change this if you are getting gravity resists while soloing. Those can hurt. We also due to lower numbers, may be having to sleep w/o ES a bit. Play it by ear.

4. hMP

You seem to already have a pretty good setup here. hMP, again because of our low BLM numbers, will be pretty important.

5. Dark Magic/Haste

I imagine you have this capped out, seeing your drains yesterday. A lot of BLMs crow about Aspir being very important, which it is. However Drain is often overlooked as the most MP efficient damaging spell in our entire spellbook. You probably know this, but even when you drain for 0, due to having full HP, it still does damage. I've gotten drains over 450 quite a bit, and for 21 mp, that ain't bad. Haste/fastcast on these spells is nice for obvious reasons.

There are some other things, but we'll worry about them later. Again, this is all purely recommendation, and do as you see fit.
Back to top Go down
Illuminatus

Illuminatus

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 1:47 pm

Yojoyochenjo wrote:
SpellCast things

Do you think you could re-upload your XML file? I can't find it :( :( :(
Back to top Go down
Illuminatus

Illuminatus

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with my magic skill merits. I currently have 2 in enfeebling, but I dunno if

a) 8/8 enfeebling, 8/8 elemental
b) 4/8 enfeebling, 4/8 elemental, 8/8 blue magic
c) 8/8 enfeebling, 8/8 blue magic

is the best route to take :(
Back to top Go down
Tanith

Tanith

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 1:53 pm

If anything I would go with 8/8 Elemental 8/8 Blue Magic, although supposed theres some tier w/ blue magic skill that you can reach without full merits if you have the body but I don't really believe in "tiers". Elemental magic is just too big a deal for SCH, it would let you put more INT/MAB into slots where you might have had to use Elemental Magic Skill +. Blue Magic is helpful as it determines the base damage of most of your physical spells and helps with resists on magical ones.
Back to top Go down
Illuminatus

Illuminatus

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 2:03 pm

Tanith wrote:
If anything I would go with 8/8 Elemental 8/8 Blue Magic, although supposed theres some tier w/ blue magic skill that you can reach without full merits if you have the body but I don't really believe in "tiers". Elemental magic is just too big a deal for SCH, it would let you put more INT/MAB into slots where you might have had to use Elemental Magic Skill +. Blue Magic is helpful as it determines the base damage of most of your physical spells and helps with resists on magical ones.

I'm just not sure how much I'll get to use BLU for things where magic resist would matter. I want *some* in enfeebling, even if it's just 2, for things like einherjar. Though, I do have an enfeebling torque... It's a tough decision!
Back to top Go down
Yojoyochenjo

Yojoyochenjo

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 2:40 pm

Illuminatus wrote:
Yojoyochenjo wrote:
SpellCast things

My current blm xml
Back to top Go down
Iono

Iono

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 6:09 pm

Yojoyochenjo wrote:
Illuminatus wrote:
Yojoyochenjo wrote:
SpellCast things

My current blm xml

Is this your Default BLM xml and then you use XMLs for each subjob that rout to this base BLM one? becaus ei don't see any rules regulating magic and setting correct staves depending on spell base and you know all that fancy stuff. j/w idk if you have some kind of fancy thing. I never set up any variables and just slid in sets that match my equipment.
Back to top Go down
Yojoyochenjo

Yojoyochenjo

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 8:02 pm

If you look at the first part, all the variables are set there. It may be hard to find, but it's in there.

I generally haven't added anything for other subs, except my minus-hp activation levels. I never go to anything (dynamis even) except as /rdm. Originally, this was because I was the only one in shell with a 150 INT build for ele. debuffs. That shit is nice to have.

I may add some stuff to it for subbing NIN, but it wouldn't take much.
Back to top Go down
Iono

Iono

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 10:57 pm

/nin is for chumps.
Back to top Go down
Day

Day

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:28 am

Yojoyochenjo wrote:
Big bunch of jawesome

Wow dude thanks so much, that's going to help a lot, gives me some direction to head in. Thanks for taking me out to the prince's playhouse and also thanks to iono for showing me the puddings :3 I'm getting the hang of the basics, I can solo decently out there, and been having a pretty good time in campaign blowin shit up. Let me know if you want to go back out there ever, that's fun, just hope I'm not slowin down xp an shit.
Back to top Go down
Day

Day

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:49 am

I guess next question is besides the above what kind of prereq shit do i need to get cleared up before I can be useful to the ls. I'm pretty sure I got Sea, but I need someone to take me on a tour/expedition because I didn't get that far on my main. I quit shortly after ToAU came out so I only did a couple of assaults.. all this newfangled nyzul, eigjenenner (sp y/n?), holy boobies I have a lot to learn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHIT YEAH SON DAY   SHIT YEAH SON DAY - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SHIT YEAH SON DAY
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next