slashangry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
slashangry

dawg I heard you like attachments so we put a murderluge in yo dildo phone, so you can gyros while you fuck robots

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which jobs /angry needs.

Go down 
+11
Callisto
Yojoyochenjo
Mote
Scritch
Shadowrunner
Veo
Tanith
Melode
Brogan
isladar
Illuminatus
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Illuminatus

Illuminatus

Which jobs /angry needs. Empty
PostSubject: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 9:27 pm

This was a vent/linkshell/water cooler discussion among a few of us, so I thought I'd get others' opinions as well. Basically: what jobs do you think /angry lacks? This information will most likely be used by current members having trouble deciding want they want to level, such as people with one job that has limited usefulness in certain situations *cough*Rogan*cough*.

*note* I'm very unfamiliar with what jobs people transferring have. Sorry in advance!

Need:
RNG definitely
SMN? Yojo and Mote are two, but since we aren't doing Tiamat any time soon...
WHM? I count Yojo and me, and Kitone if he comes, are there others transferring?
DRG? Before you LOL it, Angon comes in handy, and Tempyst is the only one that comes to mind
PLD? Ikarys and Tanith are the only ones I know immediately.

Delevel yours now if you have it:
COR
BRD
SCH so I have less competition for relic
Back to top Go down
isladar
Admin
isladar

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 9:51 pm

BLM is where I think we really lack in numbers. BLM and RNG, je pense.
Back to top Go down
Brogan

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 10:15 pm

GOOD THING I'M LEVELING RDM! :/
Back to top Go down
Melode

Melode

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 10:54 pm

Illuminatus wrote:

WHM? I count Yojo and me, and Kitone if he comes, are there others transferring?

Delevel yours now if you have it:
COR
BRD
SCH so I have less competition for relic

My only 75 atm is WHM farao
But working on SCH hoping to get it to 75 before we transfer so cough up the SCH relic afro
Back to top Go down
Tanith

Tanith

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 11:02 pm

Whats the huge need for RNG? Its an above average DD but unless were jumping into Odin/Ixion the need for a specific "DD" isn't really there. Plus my philosophy is if you are killing it too slow you have too few Samurais.
Back to top Go down
Illuminatus

Illuminatus

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 11:03 pm

Ventrilo tells me SCNMs and Sarameya.
Back to top Go down
isladar
Admin
isladar

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 11:04 pm

Tanith wrote:
Plus my philosophy is if you are killing it too slow you have too few Samurais.

End discussion.
Back to top Go down
Tanith

Tanith

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 11:10 pm

Illuminatus wrote:

RNG's will just get your mages killed on Sarameya too much hate.

SCNM's (not the random nms) yeah I guess RNG and SMN will be the cleanest option but its not like the fights couldn't be done with the normal dd jobs. My personal peeve about alliances and events it simply making sure you have enough support jobs. It was something we never had at MogHouse all the time and were then left w/ lackluster DD's and lackluster buffs and support making them even more lackluster DDs. As long as theres a reasonable number of support for DD's and mages, ideally a TP burn style PT and a Manaburn style pt to supplement the tank PT shouldn't be any events/mobs that can't be handled.
Back to top Go down
Brogan

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 11:11 pm

Tanith wrote:
Illuminatus wrote:

RNG's will just get your mages killed on Sarameya too much hate.

SCNM's (not the random nms) yeah I guess RNG and SMN will be the cleanest option but its not like the fights couldn't be done with the normal dd jobs. My personal peeve about alliances and events it simply making sure you have enough support jobs. It was something we never had at MogHouse all the time and were then left w/ lackluster DD's and lackluster buffs and support making them even more lackluster DDs. As long as theres a reasonable number of support for DD's and mages, ideally a TP burn style PT and a Manaburn style pt to supplement the tank PT shouldn't be any events/mobs that can't be handled.
If I recall correctly, some of the new SCNM and ZNM (Sarameya, for example) are totally immune to anything but ranged attacks. It's also handy to have in specific situations.
Back to top Go down
Tanith

Tanith

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 11:15 pm

Nothing is immune to Bio II.
Back to top Go down
Melode

Melode

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 11:17 pm

Tanith wrote:
Nothing is immune to Bio II.

lol DOT KITE!!
Back to top Go down
Veo

Veo

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 12:42 am

<< Geared RNG
Back to top Go down
Shadowrunner

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 1:20 am

I like how the 2 jobs to delevel are support jobs.

Who'da thunk it.

TOO much support.

Like Suspenders of Justice (+1).

Also I have WHM Leveled. I think we're technically well stocked on WHM.
Back to top Go down
Scritch

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 1:57 am

Hey, less need for COR means a slightly greater than 0% chance of me coming something else. I'm all for it.

:/ And yeah, I think my ranged attacks got a few mages killed when we did Tyger once.
Back to top Go down
Illuminatus

Illuminatus

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 2:28 am

We need a master list of people and the jobs they're willing to bring so it'll be easier to make these kind of decisions :x
Back to top Go down
Melode

Melode

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 10:12 am

Scritch wrote:

:/ And yeah, I think my ranged attacks got a few mages killed when we did Tyger once.

Yes i blame you for me losing 2-3k xp that day.
Back to top Go down
isladar
Admin
isladar

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 10:30 am

Illuminatus wrote:
We need a master list of people and the jobs they're willing to bring so it'll be easier to make these kind of decisions :x

Hopefully we'll have the versatility that if you really don't like a useful job you have you won't be stuck on that job all the time. Example, letting Shaftoe NOT be THwhore occasionally. You know. BECAUSE HE HAS EBODY AND RIDILL.

Other than that, I'll tell you what to do and you'll do it.
Back to top Go down
Illuminatus

Illuminatus

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 10:47 am

isladar wrote:
Illuminatus wrote:

Hopefully we'll have the versatility that if you really don't like a useful job you have you won't be stuck on that job all the time. Example, letting Shaftoe NOT be THwhore occasionally. You know. BECAUSE HE HAS EBODY AND RIDILL.

Other than that, I'll tell you what to do and you'll do it.

Key word is available JOBS :p
Back to top Go down
Mote

Mote

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 10:52 am

theoretically, i'll probably be finishing my white mage after ninja/twinja is done, but it's still only theoretical.
Back to top Go down
Yojoyochenjo

Yojoyochenjo

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 11:04 am

Well I am leveling RNG, albeit slowly. I doubt I'll ever be afforded a chance to show up anything but BLM anyway, but that's fine by me!
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 11:57 am

My mule is also 75 RNG, he's not super flashy-geared, but solid enough to use, and relatively easy to 2box. No Sea/CoP Dynamis access but can do most everything else.
Back to top Go down
Yours

Yours

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 2:57 am

Hey, I offer my WHM and SMN services... but now I'm looking to level another job to 75 and based on this thread the correct answer would be samurai?

I bounced the idea of leveling blm off of Zeith and Illu, and they immediately told me how terrible that would be for me, so there goes that...
Back to top Go down
Illuminatus

Illuminatus

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 4:32 am

Not terrible! It's just expensive if you want to do it right. Well, most (all) melee jobs are. Whereas things like BRD are dirt cheap.

i.e. the importance between Hagun for SAM and Manteel for BRD is like... Hagun is 10x more effective. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Actually to me some of the largest expenses of BLM aren't that bad...there's HQ staves, which honestly to me a full set of 8 is the best investment you can make in the game, they're used for so many jobs(would be great for SMN too), and aside from that most of the 'nice' BLM gear is either r/e, or has good r/e alternatives, i.e. Yigit/Goliard gear. Torques/Earrings can add up, but again they can see good use on other jobs if you decide to also level something like RDM down the road.

The worst part about BLM is having to pretty much solo from 50 to 72...that and the likelihood of being stuck on BLM if you have it leveled.

tl;dr: We always need BLMs, if you think you'll like the gameplay aspect of it go for it, if you try it and don't think it's something you'd like doing often then dump it.
Back to top Go down
Iono

Iono

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 8:15 pm

Does this mean i can Retire BLM? =P j/k

But in all seriousness I loved BLM pre-WotG. BLM was a really fun job and it was great untill endgame where it just became mundane and repedative. You CAN solo things but it's just not that effective. Honestly SCH changed everything for me, as much as i say this over and over, but when the only thing that seperates BLM and SCH is Merits and Gear (and even then half the time a SCH is just as good as a BLM) It's like, why bother? SCH is way to versitile to bother with BLM and half the gear is a pain to get (because you can do just about nothing on your own) other then Goliard and such and even then most Nyzul groups don't want BLM. Other then that yeah lvling BLM means you're tied to it and people will want you on it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Yojoyochenjo

Yojoyochenjo

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 9:32 am

"Iono's entire quote"

Neg.
Back to top Go down
Iono

Iono

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 5:06 pm

=( i'd retire it if it wern't so needed/abused.
Back to top Go down
Mote

Mote

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:13 pm

i'm a strong believer in the whole "if I don't want to bring a job, i'll just suck at it so people ask me to come on something else instead" theory.

I can't wait to practice that theory with my new ninja!
Back to top Go down
Yojoyochenjo

Yojoyochenjo

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 9:17 pm

I, Yojoyochenjo, declare, under my rights as a fucking stud and overall badass, a fatwah on Iono. The conditions of said act, under the rightful law of our goddess and lordess Isladar (PBUH) shall be for Iono to prove said testament (/angry forums/what jobs /angry needs) on this day of our goddess, January the 6th, that "even half the time" a SCH can match a BLM.

Iono, let there be no doubt as to my intentions. You have besmirched my trade, and I do not take kindly to it.

Accept my challenge, you pig fucking man whore.

Love,

Yojo

(anytime, any mob, I will outdamage your ass to the point of humiliation, love, Y)
Back to top Go down
Brogan

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 11:20 pm

PLAYGROUND, 3:00!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which jobs /angry needs.   Which jobs /angry needs. Empty

Back to top Go down

Which jobs /angry needs.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next