slashangry

dawg I heard you like attachments so we put a murderluge in yo dildo phone, so you can gyros while you fuck robots

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

War and Peace, by Tanith

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tanith

PostSubject: War and Peace, by Tanith   Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:08 pm

Okay I'm going to be blunt here, not trying to be a dick/asshole/douche/whatever but just trying to not beat around the bush. I really don't have any intention of transferring servers, I've been on Ramuh since the dawn of the age of aquarius, sometimes around December 04' and I've known way too many people, built up a reputation, done too much shit with my original real life friends who got me going on this game and what not on Ramuh. I just can't see myself paying $25 and throwing all this to the wind, to try and start another linkshell that seems to be similar in principle/theory/whatever to what I tried to do with MogHouse here on Ramuh. I'm sure the feeling about Server transferring is mutual for everyone on your end as well.

I know Callisto wants to make this work but unfortunately, bar you guys coming here I don't think I'll be a part of it. Theres a lot of potential between all us but I've been through this before with other people I knew who were close in game friends on Ramuh and in the end it didn't work out and at this point I pretty much decided never to be a part of a new endgame ls unless I was the person with the linkshell. I made MogHouse a few months later and I would say it was a general success for the year + its been going on and only recently has begun to weigh on me.

So where does this leave us. I don't think I can really say anything that would make anyone to leave their virtual home, Ramuh's probably not any better than Catsith, we have JP's we have NA's we have assholes, we have nice people we have shit and more shit and more shit. Our economy's a little better here and I would say crafting is generally profitable for anyone who makes an attempt, we don't really have that big an endgame scene here besides 3-4 NA/EU linkshells that do HNM/Everything and then we have the Second Class Linkshells which seem to pop up every 2-3 months here attracting the floaters. On Ramuh, I'm decently well known, have connections to various linkshells, know a fair amount of people and have a few friends besides Callisto's army.

Honestly I don't know what I would do if everyone but myself left, I can only really picture Calli/Mel/Jyosshu leaving if anything for CatSith, I would be left w/ about 4-5 close friends in MH and the random people I know throughout other endgame shells. I'd probably see which endgame linkshell would be willing to help me finish Aegis, see if I like it there and get things completed, and reevalueate if I wanted to still keep playing this game at that point, because shits not fun unless you are playing the game w/ people who make things interesting. If I didn't join an exisisting linkshell on Ramuh I would probably try another failed attempt at a linkshell trying to specifically do Dynamis/Einherjar with the linkshell and Salvage/Assaults with a group of friends on the side.

If some how by the power of divine intervention we all banded together, I think I have a lot to offer, I'm the original maverick, I'm anti-abortion stance, and I have a Female Vice-Presidential running mate............ Seriously though I'm pretty open minded to new ideas, have a lot of good ideas myself, have a lot of versatility in jobs, playing styles, experience and strategies. However I don't like to be a member of the flock, and the only new endgame linkshell I would partake in forming would have to be under my wing or it would have to be a equal opportunity leadership/communally run linkshell with no distinct person in charge. To be honest I would prefer the latter than the former as I've been at the head of the linkshell for a year + now and although it has its perks, its a fuckton more work for myself.

Oh yeah, although my opinions/ideas may seem like they are set in stone, they aren't I'm generally open to compromises and constructive criticism and what not. But I tend to take some convincing when someone says their ideas/methods are better than mine if they approach it that way.

I don't really think I have much to say at this point I'm really rambling so I'll leave on this note... Mama always said life's a box of chocolates you never know which one you are going to get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
isladar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace, by Tanith   Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:30 pm

Thank you for writing all this out, Tanith. I'm going to respond when I'm home in a bit, since this isn't something answerable with "lol k"

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace, by Tanith   Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:33 pm

I pretty much figured this would be the hard part of the whole deal, the part we had to keep realistic about, because server jumping isn't fun in and of itself. Obviously we talk often enough that you know how I feel about stuff. This is something I would really, really want to see get done, not just for having my friends all in one spot, but also because aside from my playtime with you 4 and the select normal members MH has been more stress than fun for a pretty long time.

If we were to wipe out the members that I feel are holding me back from enjoying the game, I don't feel we'd have enough left to actually accomplish anything, and we know what the recruitment possibilities are like on Ramuh. I don't particularly enjoy the server, and would like a change of scenery. We already have to deal with ex-members talking shit due to their own stupidity, which in itself I think has some to do with why we can't get new people while GenericShoutShellNumber356 gets 40 in a week.

However with the /angry group combined with our core I think we could really stand a shot at pulling off what we wanted MH to be. Like you said it's meh to change servers just to do what you wanted to do on Ramuh, but I honestly don't feel we can do it there, and I think we'd stand a good shot at doing it on CS.

I know for sure I wouldn't be going anywhere without Mel for obvious reasons, and Jyo as he's been my closest in-game friend for a long time now, and they're both for this, as is Thisisi. That said, I really, really, really want you involved in this both because the lack of a tank of your caliber would be a big hit to The Plan, and because I consider us good friends and we pull off some pretty awesome shit when we play together, and wasting a dynamic like that would really suck.

Last edited by Callisto on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callisto

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace, by Tanith   Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:34 pm

also gj, your superlong title Jyo'd the forum table
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ishraviel

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace, by Tanith   Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:38 pm

I don't suppose we could all just split the difference and jump to, like, Hades together or something? I've moved servers before and it was no big deal to me, but then again, I'm a freaking hermit and I only really play two or three days a week. I could see how this would be a major life change for some people, but each one of us must weigh the pros and cons individually before committing to something of this magnitude. Personally, I think a lot could be accomplished by this (theoretical) group and I look forward to participating to my fullest extent. Or is that extant? I'll go with the first spelling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jyosshu

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace, by Tanith   Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:41 pm

But seriously, of all the quotes, in all the movies, in all of the world, you use that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.personal.kent.edu/~jwygle/
isladar
Admin

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace, by Tanith   Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:27 pm

Okay home'd.

There pretty much isn't any argument that anyone could make to say "Tan, here's BIBLICAL PROOF as to why GOD WANTS YOU TO COME TO CAITSITH, so do it, faggot", 'cause if there were, I'd already've made it. You know your situation better than anyone else, what your goals are, and what you want out of playing this game.

Since this idea is still just that, an idea, these forums are an opportunity for you to play the what-if game without any consequences to your life on Ramuh. And to give input into a thinktank.

That being said, as I can only speak for myself, I would love to welcome you here. We're all spit and enthusiasm at this point, but I know we could do some incredible shit. And I'd really like you to be a part of it.

PostSubject: Re: War and Peace, by Tanith   

Back to top Go down

War and Peace, by Tanith
Page 1 of 1