slashangry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
slashangry

dawg I heard you like attachments so we put a murderluge in yo dildo phone, so you can gyros while you fuck robots

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN

Go down 
+7
Conduit
Ikarys
Scritch
Day
Yojoyochenjo
Mote
Callisto
11 posters

FISTFULS OF FISTS BUT WITH AXES INSTEAD
YESSSSS
THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Vote_lcap0%THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Neg.
THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Vote_lcap6%THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
RAGINGRUSHRAGINGRUSHRAGINGRUSH
 0% [ 0 ]
SHUT UP AND GO BACK TO RED MAGE
THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Vote_lcap18%THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
CAN I AXE YOU A QUESTION??
 0% [ 0 ]
Dear Sir, I would like to place a bid on your Crabukkle Rubby
THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Vote_lcap53%THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Vote_rcap
 53% [ 9 ]
Butts.
THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Vote_lcap23%THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Vote_rcap
 23% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Callisto

Callisto

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Empty
PostSubject: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 6:25 am

HAY LOOK I HAS A LIVEJOURNAL ABOUT HOW I PLAY WAR TO HIGH LEVELS

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Lfg

Today: lfg from 1pm-8pm with one invite: A Valkurm Dunes Sync.

Neg.

I PL'd myself a bit to skillup GAxe, bout 5 from cap, then took a break to get AF Hands and do Nyzul.

Afterwards LFG'd again while beating up forts, til I get another invite...sort of:

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Wut

This coming from a Scorpion Harness PLD.

But not to worry, another invite was still to come during the night! Or...the morning...3:30 in the morning that is. AND HOLY FUCKSTICKS IT'S A 50+ INVITE YESSSSSSSSS

Until I get all the way to Sauromugue(I've never actually typed that word before, that's spelled all kinds of fucked up), when they tell me that a d/c'd member just came back, and they don't need me. Awesome.

Until I get all the way back to Rolanberry (S)...and they ask where I am and when I'm getting there. Some very low-pitched piano crash plays like DUH DUH DAAAAAAAAAA(not sure where it came from exactly, I think our downstairs neighbor is an understudy for The Phantom of the Opera down at the Knights of Columbus on Tuesdays) but anyways, what the fuck, it's been all day and I'm still 6k from 55, I'll take it, after all I only need 6k more to have gotten one whole level today, I gotta get that in a full party! Right? RIGHT??!!

*FLASH-FORWARD SHISHASHAAAA*

For the third time in the last 6 pulls the THF has linked or aggro'd an extra mob(this isn't counting the Thunder Elemental the BLU aggro'd), but it's fine! We have a 50WHM, he has Repose which sticks really easily on bats, so he just has to cast that! Right? RIGHT??!!

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Ownt

That would be the WHM saying NO I SHALL NOT REPOSE YONDER BATS and me dying, as I had provoked the bats off the WHM to keep them alive.

/pcmd leave

Aaaaand the final total:

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Tnl

Bedtime for me, need my rest if I'm going to blaze through another 7k XP day tomorrow!

Last edited by Callisto on Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mote

Mote

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 7:20 am

i vote fortifications.
Back to top Go down
Yojoyochenjo

Yojoyochenjo

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 9:09 am

I look forward to further LJ entries. Vote for sticky and updates.
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 5:23 am

Another long day of slow grinding...

and after Yojo and I wrapped up our business with the Appblebee's hostesses, I also spent some more time working on WAR!

Progress was somewhat hindered today by the tragic massive Deep Impact-style tidal wave that knocked out 78% of the world's internet access. You know, the one that must have happened in order for there to not be a FUCKING CARAVAN OF MOTHERFUCKERS lining up to accept my proposal:

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Lfg2

I went ahead and commandeered Mel again to work on my Great Axe a bit more, managed to cap it just moments before dinging 55. A short while later I actually got an invite, and what's more, an invite AT MY ACTUAL FUCKING LEVEL AND NOT IN THE VALKURM CITADEL DONKEYFAIRLAND AT LEVEL -12. Needless to say I was pretty excited.

That is, until the Scorpion Harness-laden DRK/NIN party leader drops the magic question:

DO U HAS RAMPAGE?? WE CAN'T PARTY WITHOUT RAMPAGE, IT'S LIEK GK6 TRUST ME I'M A DRK AND I DO AT LEAST 500 EVERY RAMPAGE

Eventually I was able to explain to him that it is in fact possible to XP past 55 with a Great Axe WAR, and that I would be a quite capable DD if I joined their party. He caved and invited me, and we were set with DRG WAR NIN DRK RDM BRD. I went ahead and nabbed a stack of Crab Sushi as I expected to lose all my food within 60 minutes...which wasn't that far off.

Before we get started the party leader lays a gold-plated dooker on us, getting me pretty psyched that this would be a great party full of competent individuals:

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Wut2

While using Sushi I was actually pretty ballers, hit rate around 92% with Madrigal, and was the top DD by 4% not counting the DRG's Wyvern. After a bit over an hour I eventually got all my Sushi eaten since I was pulling hate with plain melee hits(gogo Enmity merits HFYB )

In the interest of fairness I went ahead and trashed that parse when I ran out of food and started over, if you're bored enough you can take a looky here. The DRG pulled ahead by a decent amount, the same 4% I had on them earlier, considering they had a free 25% damage boost just for being a DRG I'd hoped they would(though DRG Wyverns are fucking hax!). You can see that Mr. OMG YOU NEED RAMPAGEZ did not exactly do 500 per as advertised, and although he had a better average, he A) never topped my max Sturmwind(and this 2nd parse left off a 500+ double-DA oddity) and B) lost to me by a fairly solid margin.

Good news is that I dinged 56 and got about 1/3rd of the way to 57, dinged into some nice gear, and 4 levels away from sexy hauby-time.

Despite the arguments and/or retardation of the last 2 days I really think I'll survive using Sturmwind for 4 more levels until I unlock RR and start facefucking some fucking faces.

After that party let out we had Dynamis, I walked away with 2 pairs of gloves, one of them being Warrior's Mufflers...seeing as how I already have N.Hands waiting for me I'm not really sure how much actual use I will get out of them, but hey I have a WS piece for one solid level and possibly can store the set in the near future pending what drops our other WARs need.

After Dynamis I decided to start working on getting some Rutters, I don't need them for awhile but I heard they were a bitch to get so I figured I'd get a head start. 3 hours later we left Bibiki with one single Air Tank. We moved on to Movalpodopometropolis to give the NM a shot, it looked easy enough so we went RDM/NIN and SCH/THF for placebo TH.

The NM is actually fairly challenging, soloable for sure but he certainly kept me on my toes. We were cruising pretty well til some of the repops got close and I went to pull him back a bit...then noticed that Mr. Matman(what the fuck is that even? Is he the guy who has to put the mats away after wrestling practice? Does he make floormats?) was not moving with me. Or swinging at me. And hey, my Utsusemi macro isn't working! Or any of my other macros, for that matter! WAITAMINUTE...

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Oshit

That's par for the course, 3 hours to farm a trig for an NM, and the first D/C I've had all month comes in the 15 minute window I need to fight it. Luckily Thisisi managed to zombie it to keep it around, and when I logged back on I was able to reclaim...though he caught an aggro and died before getting RR back up, so round 2 was all me.

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Jerk

AWSUM.

So chalk one on the board, 0/1 on Rutters, if anyone is looking to farm Air Tanks/pop Matman hit me up this week.

BUT BEFORE I GO . . . dot dot dot SUSPENSE BUILDING

The #1 reason why most of the shell's resources should be pooled into getting my WAR done:

The awesomeness that will be my macros.

FOR EXAMPLE

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN FRESSSHH

Anyways, sleepytime for me, see you guys when I wake up.
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 5:28 am

Also, Isla for some reason I don't get my normal option to sticky/announcment/etc posts in HOW I SHOT/WANGMAN, could you enable that and/or sticky this for me?
Back to top Go down
Day

Day

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 8:18 am

Great story. I'll go with you back down to bugbear sometime, I like fighting him, however last night the whole bottle of wine I downed was stronger than my anti-pass-the-fuck-out ability.
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 2:56 am

Things are slowing down a bit now that I'm getting into the big TNLs, but the good news is now I can actually hit campaign mobs reliably, so I can both skillup on them and slap some tags on when I cap out.

At this point the bulk of my time on WAR is actually being spent skilling up rather than leveling, but it's paying off!

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN RAAAAGE

RAGINGRUSHRAGINGRUSHRAGINGRUSH

Thanks to Thisisi and Sasja for helping me to skill up to 200!

I haven't actually gotten to play with it too much with proper buffs and whatnot, only with Defender up and other junk.

After capping out for level 60 in Campaign I went ahead and took a level sync invite since that's all that seemed to be coming in for the night, and notched another one:

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Ding

Finally I can wear a real backpiece! At this point I can wear pretty much all the gear that I'll be using til 70, got my Pole Grip(loooooooooooool), Amemet+1, Potent Belt, and a bunch of pewpew STR gear. I can't wait to hit 75 though, so I can wear the sweet shit like this:

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Wjat

THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE

THROW SOME ORGANICS ON THAT BITCH

THEY SPINNIN

Side note: I officially declare "Graubergin'" to be a valid verb while participating in Campaign.

But only if preceded by 'Straight', as in "Straight Graubergin'"
Back to top Go down
Scritch

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:01 pm

DAMNIT, I clicked the wrong vote. Meant to click GTFO of WAR and Get the Fuck on RDM.

Anyway, grats on all that stuff Calli.
Back to top Go down
Day

Day

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Calli you know you want to start inviting my RDM babay
Back to top Go down
Ikarys

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:17 pm

Wow people are really interested in your crabbukle ruby, judging by poll
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:38 pm

It's a powerful relic with the powers of unimaginable power.
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 4:44 am

SPEAKING OF POWER

Got 63 today in Campaign, then joined a...a...I'm going to go with 'skillup party' to get to 7k til 64. Was able to get a Demon's Axe and a Bomb Core last night off of the respective NMs, dinged into my BC and shiny Merman's Earrings.

WAR is getting even more loveable now that I can actually get all of my gear for it onto Cally without using 2 full rounds of dbox storage.

Today's awesomeness:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=d6sfg3g_11gcrcgrc3

Me: WAR/NIN
Flight: Decent DRG/SAM
Shinsama: NIN/WAR
Constentine: THF/NIN
Lancealot: DRK/THF using GAxe AT 65
Firewing: DRG's Wyvern

Major highlights include Firewing finishing above the DRK and the THF by decent margins, as well as the DRK(party leader as well) posting a whopping 34% hit rate. The poor NIN did well despite not getting any haste and the THF not having any understanding of how Assassin and Trick Attack worked.

Today's actual awesomeness(not sarcasm this time):

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Rutters2
Back to top Go down
Conduit

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 8:18 am

grats, cally
Back to top Go down
Rin

Rin

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 8:48 am

The donkey kong cart is the only win in that picture.
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 3:43 am

Party invites have pretty much slowed to a halt, so my WAR has been living entirely by Campaign/Besieged for the last few days.

Luckily my trusty friend Fisladar was there to FITE by my side!

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Fisladar

After grinding out 45k worth of Campaign I at least hit a decent level for me:

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Ding67

Dinged into my Rutters and my new Pendragon Axe(thanks Veo and Mel), so I'm set gear-wise til 71 if I can just get some invites to get the levels.

Speaking of the Pendragon Axe, Bhuj models are fucking awesome looking:

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Bhujin

For the most part I'm in the home stretch, though 72 will be a great level, since I'll ding into a couple more nice pieces and I can finish off the AF set and store it...which should hopefully let me play WAR without the whole mailing myself half my gear for ghetto storage deal.

And in closing, today's 'BWAWHATTHEFUCKISTHAT':

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Wjat2
Back to top Go down
Brogan

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:07 am

WHAT THE FFFF? In that picture with you and Isladar, there' two Elvaan F in the same shot. How did you get both of the Elvaan F on Caitsith in one picture at the same time? That's shopped. It's gotta' be.
Back to top Go down
keith
Admin
keith

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:04 am

Brogan wrote:
WHAT THE FFFF? In that picture with you and Isladar, there' two Elvaan F in the same shot. How did you get both of the Elvaan F on Caitsith in one picture at the same time? That's shopped. It's gotta' be.

Um... DOMAAAAARUUUU?
Back to top Go down
isladar
Admin
isladar

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 10:53 am

YEAH WTF DOMARU
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:07 pm

FISLADAR
Back to top Go down
Brogan

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:56 pm

isladar wrote:
YEAH WTF DOMARU
I'm going to level SAM and full-time, I mean FULL-TIME ALL THE TIME, NO MATTER WHAT, what Isladar is wearing in that picture. But by law, I'm restricted from leveling SAM until I'm 21 years old. :(
Back to top Go down
keith
Admin
keith

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Brogan wrote:
I'm going to level SAM and full-time, I mean FULL-TIME ALL THE TIME, NO MATTER WHAT, what Isladar is wearing in that picture. But by law, I'm restricted from leveling SAM until I'm 21 years old. :(

See, the point which you've missed is that it's FISLADAR.
Back to top Go down
Brogan

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Also WTFFFF! There's two Elvaan F in the other picture, too!! I don't know if it counts, though, because the one in the Avalon Breastplate is more than likely Flauross.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN   THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN Empty

Back to top Go down

THE ROAD TO SMASHYTOWN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
slashangry :: /angry :: HOW I SHOT FFXI-
Jump to: