slashangry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
slashangry

dawg I heard you like attachments so we put a murderluge in yo dildo phone, so you can gyros while you fuck robots

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Iono

Iono

RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way) Empty
PostSubject: RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way)   RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 8:44 pm

So after seeing yojo 1 shot a mob with sidewinder at level 60 something that I couldn't 1 shot with a Thunder 4(minus the gear of course otherwise i think i could have) I've decided to take up RNG. Coincidentally i hear this is a job /angry "needs" so even better.

So Idk not really a gear guide as much as leveling advise. I simply assume stack Agi for acc and build all the Ranged attack and Ranged acc i can? And considering bows are the best end-game weapons for RNG i assume i should just use bows for the most part? or are there levels i should use other things?

Again gear isn't really the situation here becaus ei'm only lvl 12 atm but i mean general gear advise would be cool i guess. Just wondering how i should go about doing this bitch.
Back to top Go down
Tempyst

Tempyst

PostSubject: Re: RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way)   RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 9:02 pm

Holy Bolts at level 30 are crazy good

other than that I'm pretty convinced I leveled my RNG entirely wrong so don't ask me
Back to top Go down
Tanith

Tanith

PostSubject: Re: RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way)   RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 11:01 pm

Eat meat, sub war be happy.
Back to top Go down
Iono

Iono

PostSubject: Re: RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way)   RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 2:23 pm

Meat give R att? does jerky count also? clopedia says t gives attack bonus which i assume doesn't contribute to R att.
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

PostSubject: Re: RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way)   RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 2:38 pm

Mithkabobs don't, actually a lot of the lower level meats don't, but you still get the STR bonus. There's things like Coeurl Subs/Sautee and Yellow Curry, but that's mostly endgame food. Like Tempyst said, Holy Bolts with a MND build and a low delay crossbow are awesome. RNG has some nice Acc+ job traits so that you can get away with not using Sushi a bit more. As far as using WAR sub, you'll probably get more damage from Berserk than from anything else 30+...however things don't die quite as quickly at lower to mid levels, meaning you'll either have to sit on TP until the time is good to WS which gimps your output, or you're going to get your face kicked in a bit. I still thing /NIN is good for the most part while actually leveling.

Important gear for the low/mid levels pretty much boils down to Ranger's Necklace/Noct+1 set/RAcc Rings/Archer's and Hawker's+1 Knives.

Edit: I prefer Bow at endgame, but that's only because I have EBow. For actual XPing I would use XBow, Acid Bolts make a huge impact on killspeed, and they overwrite things like Cocoon and the Crab defense boost, which is absolutely huge if you don't have a Dispel or even just to save their MP. There's also things like Sleep/Bloody bolts which you can use in an emergency or to get some HP back without being cured. At lower levels the WS all kind of suck so the difference between XBow and Bow WS aren't all that big. I would switch off to keep both capped, but up until you get Sidewinder I'd stick with XBow and Holy Bolts.
Back to top Go down
Scritch

PostSubject: Re: RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way)   RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 3:02 pm

:/ Low level RNG WSs are so worthless that subbing DNC and using that TP to cure would probably be a better use of your time before Slugwinder.
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

PostSubject: Re: RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way)   RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Most WS tend to suck at that level, not just RNG's. Split Shot isn't so terrible, especially if you can get someone opening Fragmentation for you.
Back to top Go down
Iono

Iono

PostSubject: Re: RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way)   RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 3:22 pm

So holy bolts. I assume mnd boosts the dmg from holy bolts? Also are crossbows archery skill or?
Back to top Go down
Scritch

PostSubject: Re: RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way)   RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 3:25 pm

Crossbows are marksmanship. And yeah, MND boosts the damage.
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

PostSubject: Re: RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way)   RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 3:29 pm

Yeah MND(and Light Staff 51+) can boost Holy Bolt damage...typcially you'd want to open a fight with Acid Bolts, switch to Holy for TP, then WS in whatever the highest damage Bolt available is. When doing a Holy Bolt build you generally want to eat sushi, since most of the damage will be coming from your addt'l effects, and you'll be giving up a lot of RAcc gear for MND gear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way)   RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way) Empty

Back to top Go down

RANGER. NOHW. (Nigga on his way)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
slashangry :: /angry :: HOW I SHOT FFXI-
Jump to: