slashangry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
slashangry

dawg I heard you like attachments so we put a murderluge in yo dildo phone, so you can gyros while you fuck robots

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RDM Guide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ishraviel

Ishraviel

RDM Guide Empty
PostSubject: RDM Guide   RDM Guide EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:24 pm

Calli, I'm gonna need to put together a wishlist for gear that will make me useful in whatever capacity I will eventually be filling. I could also use some tips on what that capacity may be. The less I have to look at the rest of the internet, the better.
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

RDM Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: RDM Guide   RDM Guide EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:36 pm

I guess probably lay out what you have now and we can go from there.
Back to top Go down
Ishraviel

Ishraviel

RDM Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: RDM Guide   RDM Guide EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:44 pm

I'm currently wearing Light/Dark/Earth/Wind/Ice staff, Bugard +1, Mor Tath, AF head, Phial, AV and Insomnia, AF body, Dev mitt, Hale and Zircon, Red +1, Penitent, AF leg, Cus boots.
I have two Astrals. All of the staves are NQ.
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

RDM Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: RDM Guide   RDM Guide EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:22 pm

The P.Rope is a huge piece, it's good that you got that out of the way. As far as actual CASH MONEY pieces, nothing will go further than HQ staves, I would work on those before other HQ pieces. Usually for RDM I recommend going Aquilo's > Pluto's > Auster's > Terra's > Jupiter's > Neptune's > Other. Vulcan's and Apollo's aren't really neccesary for RDM, I only have them because I have COR/BRD and only having 6/8 would have driven me nuts.

As far as other buyable stuff, I would grab the NQ versions of most things first, Rainbow Cape(has a little HP/MP over the Red+1), Errant body/legs/hands. Afterwards I would go after the somewhat expensive but unique buyables, specifically the skill+7 torques. Enfeebling/Elemental/Enhancing are all huge pieces, Enhancing is probably the only cheap one though. Dark is nice but kinda hard to find on the AH sometimes.

Rings you're pretty set on until you get R/E ones from missions/etc. If you don't have a Moldavite Earring you need one, it's relatively easy to camp and you shouldn't have any problems soloing the NM. Phantom Tathlum is a decent upgrade, I think they're somewhat cheap now.

Unfortunately until you get some of the nicer R/E pieces, you're going to have to carry some separate INT and MND pieces. Things that have both in big amounts like Tamas/Hale/Prism Cape/Mahatma Slops/Errant body/Yigit Gages/Goliard Clogs go a really long way, not just for functionality, but also for saving inventory room.

You're going to want 2 sets for debuffing in most cases, a skill/macc set for landing things on tough monsters and for debuffs that don't have varying potency like Sleep/Gravity/Silence, then a potency set that's heavy in stats+, mostly MND. Keeping things on the relatively budget/NQ route:

Skill/Macc:

Appropriate Staff
Bugard+1 is find, I use Raptor+1 but either works
M.Tathlum -> P.Tathlum
Wise Cap(looks like ass but it gets the job done)
Enfeebling Torque
Enfeebling Earring ideally, but they're still expensive so Morions/Phantoms work fine for now
AF Body
Errant Cuffs(for INT-based, Devotee's for MND-based)
Hale Ring/generic INT or MND Ring based on spell
Red +1 -> Rainbow -> Prism
P.Rope will set you for a long time
Errant Slops -> Mahatma Slops
Custom work for now, though switching off Wise/Errant until Goliard will be a bit more effective

Potency/MND:

Mythic Wand+1(should be relatively cheap)
Numinous Shield(+1 if it's cheap, haven't checked in a while) -> Muse Tariqah
w/e Tathlum
AF Hat/Errant shitcap
Holy Phial -> Promise Badge(Badge is from Windy quest, can get with minimal help)
w/e Earrings, Geist if possible
Errant Houppelande
Devotee's/Errant -> Yigit Gages
Hale/MND/INT rings
Red+1 -> Prism
P.Rope
Errant -> Mahatma
Errant/Wise -> Goliard Clogs

For the feet slot, Ogre Ledelsens +1 are also a decent option if you can find them. They're relatively cheap on Caitsith from what I saw(like 60k, I was waiting to transfer before I try to buy them). They have some MP, a big chunk of MND, and a good chunk of Attack for when you solo/melee.

For nuking, until you get some R/E options it's pretty straightforward. Stack INT in most slots, MAB where you can. If you can pick up some Cobra hands/feet to hold over until Yigit those are pretty nice as well.

Nuking Set:

Ice Staff -> Aquilo's(Blizz 3 will generally be your best damage per MP nuke, and Aquilo's is usually the cheapest HQ staff)
Bugard +1
Tathlum
AF Hat(always)
Philomath Stole -> Elemental Torque
Morion/Phantom + Moldavite
Errant Houppelande
Errant Cuffs -> Yigit Gages
Hale + Diamond -> Hale/Omega + Tamas
Red+1 -> Prism
P.Rope
Errant Slops
Wise Pigaches -> Yigit/Duelist's

And otherwise the sets I recommend having are a solid resting and a decent Dark Magic build, Dark Magic is a bit more difficult but a lot comes from Sky.

Resting:

Dark Staff(durr)
Errant Body -> AF+1 when you start doing Limbus
Hierarch Belt

Pretty much MP+ everywhere else.

Dark Magic:

Dark Staff -> Pluto's
Dark Grip(from ZNM)
Tathlum
Wise Cap -> Nashira Turban
Dark Torque
Abyssal + INT earring(Abyssal should be no-brainer for you when you get DM done)
Chasuble -> Nashira Manteel
Crimson Finger Gauntlets
INT/MAcc rings
Red+1 -> Rainbow/Prism
Anrin Obi(this would be like the absolute first thing I would work on when getting Sea)
Errant/Mahatma/Wise -> Nashira Seraweels
Wise Pigaches -> Goliard Clogs

If you have any specific questions on pieces or what to buy first lemme know. Obviously most of the 'good' RDM shit is R/E, though lots of it is relatively easy to get once you get into a full endgame swing, barring the heavy-duty shit like Duelist's Chapeau.
Back to top Go down
Brogan

RDM Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: RDM Guide   RDM Guide EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 3:42 pm

Yeah, I'm also planning on leveling RDM. Your guide was amazing, Callisto, and basically answered all of my previously unanswered questions. I'll definitely be referring to it for future reference.
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

RDM Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: RDM Guide   RDM Guide EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 1:34 pm

Just a note on the RDM guide, I updated the section on Fast Cast after seeing some of Kirchy's testing on it, it looks like you need more Haste than what is available from gear alone in order to cap out recast timers, so RDM does still have a need for March while tanking.
Back to top Go down
Callisto

Callisto

RDM Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: RDM Guide   RDM Guide EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 11:55 am

Quote :
5) What's the link between magic accuracy and INT/MND in when you calculate resist rates ?

To start, INT has no effect on damage reduction during a resist. About resist rates, all depends on the nature of the spell casted, caster's INT will be compared to the target's MND or INT, according to the spell, in order to ajust the resist rate. But some other stats can count too. Depending on the spell you cast, any stat of the target can be compared to the caster's INT or MND, for example the caster's INT with the target's AGI. It's a bit complicated (*laugh*).

dot dot dotters

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/ffxi-advanced-player-discussion/67656-dev-team-interview-05-12-2008-a.html#post2419703
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RDM Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: RDM Guide   RDM Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

RDM Guide
Page 1 of 1